Technical error: static.heapspace.io refused to connect

Hi, I’m a new user to MicroPasts and am trying to contribute to the Egypt Exploration Fund transcriptions. On the various project pages, however, whenever I attempt to contribute it shows some kind of an applet, within which it says “static.heapspace.io refused to connect.”

I usually use Chrome. I’ve enabled JavaScript in that browser and on top of that, put MicroPasts.org in the JS exception list just in case – but no joy. I tried running the page in anonymous mode in case an extension was blocking me and again, nothing.

I also tried Edge in case it’s a Java situation (I’m not a programmer in any sense, so forgive me if I confused JS with Java or vice-versa.) I downloaded the latest version of Java and again, tried the page in Edge with no luck.

I’m running the latest version of Windows 10 and I’m up to date in terms of system updates. I’m racking my brain as to what has gone wrong, and am absolutely stuck. Does anyone have any troubleshooting ideas so I can get going on the transcriptions? Thanks so much.